Building:3 Storey commercial office unit
A complete refurbish to all three floors of a large office unit, including new kitchens, WCs, staircases and external works to the building.
- Transform a tired, dated office unit into a pleasant, modernised working environment
- Adapt the buildings out-of-date partitioning into an open plan modern, dynamic workplace
- Service the external decoration and gutter works to the building, taking into consideration the risks of working at height, and the use of a hydraulic platform
- Refurbish the existing door sets in the core areas
- Repair and service the existing passenger lift
- Upgrade the current office toilet areas
- Kitchens/T- points to strip out and replaced with new
- Exchange the existing double-glazed units on the top floors due to perished seals
- Remove the old carpet tiles throughout and replace with stylish, heavy-duty carpet tiles and non-slip vinyl for the kitchen areas
- Remove all the redundant Cat5 and data cabling
- Relocate the air conditioning units to suit the new layout
The existing partitioning was very dated and unsuitable, so this was stripped out, giving us a “blank canvas” to produce a stylish, modern open plan works space. We reconfigured the partitioning to the first floor to suit the new kitchen layout and replaced all the damaged ceiling tiles with new where necessary.
All the old vinyl & carpet tiles were replaced with a stylish, heavy-duty carpet tile to the main areas and stairs to create pleasant and contemporary open-plan space. We also installed a non-slip heavy-duty vinyl in the kitchen areas to tie in with the new décor.
The initial electrical works involved stripping out all the redundant trunking and surface sockets from the kitchens on all floors. The old, dated lighting was replaced with new LED panels on all levels. We also provided new emergency light packs to each floor and serviced the fire alarm system with certification.
All the internal walls were given a fresh new look with white emulsion and the woodwork sanded and glossed with a grey finish.
We supplied and installed new kitchens to all floors complete with White Rock splashbacks and Black Granite style worktops.
Alongside the plumbing works to the new kitchens; we also serviced the individual commercial boilers that service each floor of the building.
Our team removed three systems that were no longer in use and serviced all the other units. Where applicable, we repositioned the remote controls to suit the new layout.
We had various external works to address on this project. The external paint works on the rear balcony were worn away and dull, so this was prepared and painted. We also gave the glass reception canopy a fresh new look and serviced all ground floor external shutters. We also cleared all the debris in the gutters around the building using a scissor lift to reach three storeys up!