Client:AJ Social Care
Location:Leeds nr. Temple Newsome
Building:New build office
AJ Social Care approached Rodley Interiors to design and fit out their new premises at Thorpe Park Business Park in Leeds. The work was to cover both floors of the entire office building.
The ground floor interview rooms are in 12mm full height frameless glazing with full height glazed doors. Room 1 has an extra wide door to accommodate wheelchair users to suit the DDA requirements. Sound insulation was added in the ceiling void above the dividing walls to aid sound reduction.
The remaining partitioning is 77mm Tenon Fire & Sound using sound block boards with solid slab insulation to partitioning cavity. Framework and aluminium skirting finished in RAL 9006 Silver with boards finished with Tektura System Source vinyl in the AJ Social Care corporate colours. Glazing to the solid partitions is double glazed to door height with manifestation room numbers inside the cavity.
We also supplied and installed TV aerials in the loft space. Power and aerial cabling was routed through the partitioning cavity to hidden sockets behind each TV screen.
Some of the other work we did included:
- Supply and install emergency lighting to suit new layouts, individual offices to be on local switches.
- Relocate existing floor boxes to suit new floor layout and re-cut Carpet tiles.
- New clean feed to Comms room including new breaker in fuse panel and new floor box.
- Audio/keycode door access outside with phone at reception desk.
- Cat5e data cabling throughout with 140 outlets
- Fit roller shutters to fire exits with power hidden in the ceiling void.
- Remove existing barrier matting, screed floor level and supply & fit new barrier matting.
- Replace carpets to reception and kitchen areas with wooden flooring.
We looked a number of companies to complete the fit out of our new Leeds super centre Rodley Interiors came out top on quality, price and value for money. Nigel won us over with his enthusiasm for his work when we had a whistle-stop tour of his previous work in Leeds city centre.
What struck us most apart from the standard of the work he had completed was the great relationship he had with all his clients. This was in marked contrast to the other companies we looked at one of which didn't communicate with their own people who we saw on a site.
While on our site Nigel kept us up to date with the projects progress on a regular basis, he always gave us options and nothing was too much trouble when we wanted to make changes. His team Mikey and Kieran were brilliant, part of the work was completed when we had moved in our office and yet they worked around us in every way.
I would have no hesitation in recommending Nigel and his team and would like to wish them all the best for the future. They all have a passion for their work which shines through in what they deliver every day.Andrew Brindley
Finance Director AJ Group, Thorpe Park Leeds